Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vacation Recap

I don't think I have shared my pics from last week's 2nd line. I will have to do that later today, I also have some from this weekend as well.

On Thursday morning, nice bright and early (as in 3:30 AM) I left my house for the airport. I was expecting security to be a PITA, however the only delay was because security hadn't opened up yet! As it was I was like the 5th person through for the day. The flight left as scheduled at 5:45 AM, I made it to Phoenix by 10:30 AM. Spent the rest of the day running errands with my mom. Later that afternoon we headed out to the new AZ Cardinal stadium. We had a little tailgate action going on, my parents and my sister. I was using my BIL ticket as he had football practice (he is a coach) The stadium is pretty damn nice, the only problem is their sound system really sucks. They definetly need to work on that, it sounded like one of the teachers you heard on Charlie Brown Specials. My parents live super close to the stadium, I think we made it home within 10 minutes!

Friday it was more of running errands with my mom, then hanging out with my sister and her crazy dogs and loud ass birds. Lisa took a small nap while I read a book and watched a movie. We got all glammed up and hit the road. We picked up one of my sister's friends then went to Scottsdale. We met up with my parents and my cousin who I haven't seen in about 3 years. She had driven over from 29 Palms. We were at this little place called The Venue. It used to be called the Cajun Shack or something like that. The venue is set up almost like Tipitina's. However it has storefronts...almost like a boardwalk feel. It was a very cute place. We were there to take in some New Orleans bands...Beatin Path and Cowboy Mouth. I went up front for Beatin Path, and was soon joined by my cousin and my mom. Yes my mom. She stood right up front for all of the CM show...in front of a speaker no less. My cousin had heard CM in the car to the show....she is now a die hard fan. Right before Paul played "Home" he talked about Arabi Wrecking Krewe and how we had worked on his house and also Mike M. of Beatin Path's. He then pointed me out in the audience. The rest of the time Fred and JTG made faces at me. When they were done playing, Paul put down his guitar and jumped off the stage and came right up to me and gave me a HUGE hug and said "where is your family???" He then got to meet everyone. Somehow and I am not sure how...but Mike M had started talking to my dad who was sitting in the back, I think they are now BFF. Mike tried hard to get us all to go to Vegas with them for the next gig. Everyone is now big fans of both CM and Beatin Path.

Saturday was spent getting ready for a BBQ that we had at the house later that night. We all swam in the pool and ate some really good food. My BIL was BBQing in the rain and dark. At least the Pork had finished smoking! It was really nice to see alot of my sister's friends. I think a few of them may even come to Mardi Gras!

Sunday we just chilled at the house by the pool. Watched a few movies and relaxed. Yesterday I flew home. It was a great time. I would be a lot more rested if I could have actually slept through the night. However, if I am not in my bed? I wake up 50 million times every night. Oh well....I am used to functioning on small levels of sleep. I have 2 days to get caught up. I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home