Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, September 17, 2004

My first hurricane!! no no not the drink...but the real thing. So Tuesday I am feeling pretty darn good, cuz I found out that I got the job I wanted. Then I find out that people in the city are really starting to freak about the possiblity of Hurricane Ivan heading this way, especially since at that time it was Cat. 5. If it hit land at that Cat, NOLA would be gone. Seriously. I knew the storm was coming...I just wasn't in panic mode I guess. Well by the next day, we all kinda were getting there, and decided fairly early in the morning to get the house situated then head for higher ground. 6 1/2 hours in the car to go 80 miles, and we were in Baton Rouge...stayed with Annette and waited. And waited and waited. the storm moved more east, and was a Cat 3 when it hit land. It still did damage, in FL, MS, AL...but not really any here in NOLA. It was very anti clamactic...I don't think I will be jumping ship so fast next time...and there will be a next time. I just needed a little rain or a little wind to make all the stress worthwhile I guess.
On the up side..I am gonna go and see one of my boys tonight..fun kinda having two...well we will see how it all works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home