Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, July 11, 2004

So Friday. Laser procedure. I don't recommend it. Way back when (in March)I started having my eye issues, I was talking with Andrea, and we thought I was just going to have this laser procedure done, she had had it done and so we kinda talked about it. Then it turns out that the left eye was worse than originally thought, blah blah blah, surgery, blah blah blah. Well I went in at the end of June for my 3 month check up, which the left eye is now healed and doing wonderfully. In fact my sight is a bit better than before the surgery. But the right eye had two holes in the retina. So he scheduled me for an in office procedure. Techinally I think it was a surgery, they had me sign a surgery form. But whatever. I get there a little after 2:00. My appointment was for 2, and I waited in the lobby for a good 15 minutes before BeBe came to diluate my right eye. Which soon made reading impossible, as one eye was wacked out. Finally after what seemed forever, Dr. Nguyen came to get me. This was around 2:50. ugh. (thought I would be back to work by 3) They take me to this room with a few different contraptions set up. The one they used on me, kinda looks like what is in every eye docs office, where you have to rest your chin and your forhead. But this one had straps! Dr. Nguyen puts some numbing drops in my eyes, I asked if he had anything stronger, kinda joking, kinda not. Because what he gave me just numbs the top of the eye. He did tell me that opthmology (SP) is the only practice to use cocaine for medicinal purposes, in a drop form and it numbs a whole lot more, but stings for about 1/2 a day. I said no. LOL I then but my chin and forehead in place and he puts this insturment on my eye, the only way I can describe it is as what a jewler uses to look through, but it goes right on my eye. It had some sticky kinda gel on it. He didn't "strap" me in, and all I could see was this white light from the instrument. I had my left eye closed. LOL. After about a minute, I asked if he had started already, and he said no, but was about to. Then this green light starts flashing, and there is this obnoxious humming/thudding noise in my head. Pulsing fast. I was sitting there thinking..hmm not to bad I can handle this. Then came the shooting pain. It was quick, and didn't feel like it was in my eye but my sinuses. Some areas it hurt like that, others I didn't feel a thing. I explained the pain to my mom and sister as like when I got my tattoos. But it was in my FREAKIN EYE!! The doc kept having to stop and telling me to move back forward. I didn't realize I was pulling away, but I guess that does seem natural. He even told me to breath at one point. He was done within 5 minutes. He told me to sit back and then he cleaned out my eye with some drops. My vision in my right eye wasn't there for about 10 seconds or so...then it slowly came back and everything was purple. I kid you not. It slowly faded, in the next 5 minutes I was seeing normally again. It was soooo weird. My head ached, and as soon as I got back to work I took some Tylenol. I felt a bit better, but my eye was sooo dilulated that you couldn't even see the brown of my eye. My pupil was that big. But he said it went very well. I go back in 3 weeks, right before I leave to make sure it healed properly. My eye is still a little sore, but seems to be doing okay. Hopefully thats the end of it for a long long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home