Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you?

I know I will never forget where I was 5 years ago. I never thought in my lifetime that I would have one of those moments of "do you know exactly where you were when JFK was shot"

My TV turned on, it was my alarm at the time. It turned on in time for the second plane to hit. That is what I woke up too. I just stared at the TV in shock. I called my mom...she hadn't seen any of it yet, she was still asleep. My dad was reading the paper drinking coffee hadn't seen it yet. I tried calling work, to see if we needed to go. We shared the building with the DEA. I lived a few short blocks away, I threw on clothes and ran down there. The CEO was in his office, he hadn't heard about it yet. We immediatly turned on the TV. We were then told by office building security that our building was to be emptied.

I went home and was glued to the TV for about 24 hours. I didn't know anyone lost in the attacks.....I knew people that lived in the City and was worried for them. I only know how this tragedy affected myself...a bystander, I can not imagine the emotions that the people in the city felt. Even today, after going through the "thing" I still can not imagine.

To visit the site now, it is just eerie. I had only been there after the attacks, it seems serene and calm to me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are gone and who lost loved ones today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home