Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Can I have an Coffee IV Drip please?

I try not to go out on "school" nights, because it usually renders me more useless than normal. However, some nights you just gotta go hear the music. Last night it was Bob French's first time back, playing at Donna's in 4 months. Monday nights they bring out Red Beans and Rice and BBQ chicken. Last night Bob also provided some Gumbo. As well as some very fine music. I keep telling everyone that everytime I go out to hear music that, that particular night was the best I have heard. I think its because each musician here is playing with a previous unknown passion. Maybe its because I am appreciating it even more. Last night was no exception. My friends Craig and Leroy played, Irvin Mayfield stopped in, as did John Boutte. There was a parade of female vocalists as well, I regrettably have forgotten their names. But they were all amazing. And the food. Oh sweet jesus the food was amazing. Bob asked at one point to a very extremly packed room, "who here is a tourist" 2 people raised their hands. I had told my roomie before I left "I am sure I won't be staying there too long" Well, once there, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to soak up the music, the food and the people. Some of the Arabi Wrecking Krewe were there, and I managed to squeeze in with them. It was their first time to Donna's. I think I went into partial shock. To me Donna's IS New Orleans.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna's really is a microcosism of all that NOLA is, I'm so glad they are back in business, bringing the music to the city!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that Lisa!

I will continue to "drag" anyone I bring to New Orleans "all the way" out of the French Quarter craziness and over to the fine music, livelyhood and culture that is Donnas! :)

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me, BTW :) Kristy

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home