Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, January 09, 2006

Cleaning Up

Both Saturday and Sunday were spent at Dr. Michael White's house again. Still cleaning the cds for him. I think we got about another 600 done. There are two huge boxes left outside and some more in the house. I went into the house yesterday and can not even begin to describe the mold and the colors they are creating in his house. I had a headache within 5 mins of being in that house. There are still at least 3 rooms to be cleaned out. We decided yesterday, there is no point. At least not right now. We will get the rest of the Cds out, then wait to hear if the house is to be bulldozed. Which is a very high probablitity. His house backs up to a canal and they are going to supposedly bulldoze all those houses and build the levee/canal out 40 feet. Andy did find (we are 95% posititive) Sidney Bechet's sax mouthpiece. It was very surreal to stand there and hold that.

What was even more surreal was at the end of the evening yesterday. We stopped working close to 6, it was dusk so you could still see....but barely. Everyone else who had been out working this weekend had left for the evening. It was just the 3 of us. To stand in the middle of the street and look both ways and not see a single other soul, it was creepy, scary, and sad. That is how it looked right after the storm....right before the breeches/breaks. (whatever you chose to call them) Then a rush of water.....it is hard to wrap my mind around all of this still. To be carting out someone's belongings, dumping them on the front lawn....I know we are helping in a big big way....to have to do this on your own has to be beyond devastating.

On much lighter note....I have found, with the help of Sheik, Po'boy heaven. I kid you not...this is the best Po'boy in the history of the world!!! I made him go back yesterday with me....and it was closed. But I will be back there....I will eat more of the goodness.

I also have pics from Friday night...the 12th night celebration....I had my first piece of King Cake. Sugary goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home