Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Topsy Turvy

I could talk about what every one else is talking about, steamed about, angry about, bitter about, Nagin's MLK speech. But I am not going to. Everyone is so set in their ways about what was said...that well I am not going to focus on it right now. I have my views, have stated them to some people and that is that. Nerves and emotional states are teetering on the ledge of a very high building and its not going to end up good.

So therefore, I will go on about my past weekend. I posted the link to my pics in the last post. Last Thursday morning I was out at the airport nice bright and early. For once the connection in Atlanta went smoothly. I was in the city of brotherly love by 4. Lisa and Marisa met me at the airport and then we headed out to Marisa's local haunt for my first cheesesteak and beer. We then got all dolled up to head out to see Bonerama's gig. It did kinda look like a bingo hall. But it was fun. I got to see Diane, last time I saw her was...I believe FQF but I may have seen her since then. She is a big Bonerama fan and has helped me in the past (at FQF) selling CDs at Craig's solo gig. I didn't know she was going to be there so it was a nice suprise. The guys sounded good, and there were some smiles that I hadn't seen in a long long time that I was glad to see. While Marisa thought it was spring like weather that night...I froze my ass off. It probably wasn't that cold, but my body is used to warm weather now.

Friday morning we did a whirlwind tour of Philly. And I mean whirlwind. It was perfect. In 2 1/2 hours we saw Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, Ben Franklin's grave, the Rocky steps, Geeno's and several other places. By 4:30 we were on a train out of Trenton, NJ heading towards the city. After what felt like 500 miles pulling our suitcases we finally found our hotel. It was located blocks from Penn Station, Empire State Building, and Macy's. First order of the night? Finding beer. It all pretty much went downhill into the crazy funland. I had lots more to drink that night, had an amazing time seeing everyone and just enjoying the music with all my friends. Not that any of us actually DID fall (that I know of) who in their right mind puts stairs UP to a bar and UP to the toilets??? Seriously. The fact that none of us did fall was a small miracle. It ended up being a VERY late night....and the morning came way to early.

I had the city to see however. Kristy, Lisa and I hit the Empire State Building, Macy's, Broadway, the Old Navy bargin basement, and several other places before it was time for a nap. I slept off and on for about an hour....until I remembered that my Seahawks were playing. I made everyone watch the last half of the game.....I yelled alot. After a victory drink (okay the drink was really to try to make me feel a bit better) we dolled up again and headed back to Coda for more fun and music. The best part of that night?? Was the "I'll Fly Away/Didn't He Ramble" that lead right into "Bone Up" all in honor of Brian. It was emotional for alot of people there.

Sunday dawned and it was a miracle I made the plane. Time just slipped away. I was taking the bus from Penn Station. Which was really a shuttle to Grand Central then to LGA. I got to the Delta Counter when they were announcing the final boarding call. I slept most of the way home....It was a whirlwind and I wouldn't change a second of the trip. It was exactly what I needed, to hang out with my friends and have fun. Seeing the snow on Saturday night was nice too....and for the first time (out of two trips) I saw the sun in NYC. Its the small things really....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS spring like weather. Why do you not believe me? :)

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home