Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Did you know?


Apparently the world is going to end on August 22nd. My roomie told me this last night. I don't remember where she heard it....but just thought I would throw that out there for you. I guess I better make my birthday a REALLY REALLY good one. Maybe she just meant that for me, on the 22nd that my world would feel like it was ending? I should probably clarify that. Hopefully this isn't a true statement (not that I am putting any money on it) however I don't think the people in the Gulf Coast need to be put through even more hell do you?

I am a tad bummed, I won't be able to see the movie tonight, by Spike Lee. It is sold out. I had enough notice to get tickets, but ya'll know how I do with getting tickets. I wait till the last minute. I am pretty sure it will pop up on DVD soon after the HBO premier, so I will have to keep my eyes open for that. I started to read the review for the movie from the TP and had to stop. Of course it was a white reviewer....and don't almost all complain about Spike Lee's focus? Yes I realize the thing impacted everyone in New Orleans, however who was the most impacted? Really? I don't see any well known white directors heading down here to show the whites story. The majority of this city was not white. When something of this magnitude happens....and I am not just talking about the thing itself but the aftermath....well people need to take a good look at themselves, their country and see what they can do to change it instead of just sitting there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your roomates lives are going to feel like they are ending come the 22nd. Hahaha. Good luck! You can do itt!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home