Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rested Up

I finally feel rested today. It had been a crazy weekend. After I got off work on Thursday we headed out to Craig's house. There was a mini-jam session and several of the musicians were from Japan. They donated $10,000 to Arabi Wrecking Krewe! Much needed and much appreciated. They also donated a few insturments as well. We had a yummy dinner that night with Lisa and Fam, even if the service was really really slow. I guess its the norm around here now. Friday morning started early for me. I was out the door and on my way to the Quarter at 6:45 AM. My ride, Boy Wonder, was meeting me at the corner of Decatur and Esplanade. We made it to the Sanchez household and we were working hard by 9:00. Paul and John Boutte stopped by for a bit, to thank us and see if there was anything we needed. We had a great krewe working. By the time that Shelly and Paul came back to the house with lunch, we were just getting started with taking down the sheetrock. I finally experienced the pain of being bit by Fire Ants. I really hope not to experience that again. By the time we left around 5, the house was done. Nails need to come out and pressure washing is next. At this point however, their house is safe from being demolished and the land seized. Once I was home I had about an hour to shower, change and grab something to eat. Then it was out the door and back Frenchmen street where I got to see a lot of people and hear Hot Club of New Orleans, The Japanese band, John Boutte, and New Orleans Nightcrawlers. We made it home around 2:30 AM or so. We were up by 8 and out wrecking at Mike Mayeaux's house by 9:30. We stayed there just the right amount of time (saved 5 baby mice). We headed out to Wal-Mart and then back home to get ready for the BBQ we were having at the house. Once the torrential downpour ended we had a great time! A few hours of sleep and it was back to the Quarter to enjoy Satchmo Fest. It was a great weekend filled with friends, food, music, drink (lots of drink I have a ton of beer left at the house). I will take weekends like that any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home