Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sad but True

We haven't even gotten past Christmas yet and I am super excited for Mardi Gras. Ya'll realize that in 17 days it is 12th night? Which officially kicks off the Mardi Gras season? We are 60 days away from Fat Tuesday...which means there is even less time before the parades roll. I love Mardi Gras. Hanging out with friends, yelling for the high school bands "You know your saaaaasssssy!!" making jumps to catch that really cool strand of beads or stuffed animal. Everyone around you just having an amazing time. It is hard to explain the atmosphere that comes over the city. I am not talking about the drunken antics on Bourbon St. No way. I am talking about standing on the Avenue.....in the neutral ground there are several families having a bbq. Ladders converted to stools so the kids can get higher up and catch the really cool stuff. Incidentally standing behind a family with kids on stools can work to your advantage...they can't catch all that cool stuff! ;) Also in 17 days? I can have King Cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home