Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lead

I have no recollection if I had mentioned the lead situation in my house on here or not. I also to lazy to go and look right now. So here is the run down. We live in a house that is at least 83 years old. We live on the top floor and there is an apartment, I think 4 bedrooms, downstairs. When we sign the lease there is something saying we were told all about the possiblity of lead in the house because of old paint. As long as we don't like the wall or eat the paint chips we are fine. Earlier this summer the outside of the house was sanded and painted. Apparently this created a bit of a lead problem. The dog that lived downstairs started experiencing some lead related problems. They had their son tested (I believe he is now 4) and he had high levels of lead in his blood. So they had to move out, like RIGHT THEN, but couldn't take their furniture. Not until it is cleaned. Seriously, the state would have taken their son if they had stayed one more night. They themselves were tested and they came back fine, no lead in system. The house was tested, and from the conclusions that we have all gathered is that it is in the soil outside. It was brought in when the dogs came in, or when their son came in. He played in the backyard alot. Our landlord had our apartment tested yesterday, and the results so far is we are fine upstairs. No high levels of lead at all. It was a HUGE relief to hear that. It had been weighing on all our minds lately. If any of us didn't feel good, we would all think Lead Poisoning. Of course we had planned on a massive cleaning before they came to do the testing...thinking we had a few weeks. I had about an hours notice. They got to see the dirty house in all its glory!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you so! :) Like vs. lick??? Unless you have some new talent I don't want to know about! :)Lisa

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home