Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend

I don't even know how to start about this weekend. I really don't. I guess at the beginning...Friday night found Kristen and I at Cooter Brown's to watch the semi-final game for the Griz. They lost. I wasn't happy. We then went to the Maple Leaf and harrassed a few people. Saturday I spent reading. Watching a movie. Just relaxing. I was planning on going to the Howlin Wolf on Saturday night, but I had no energy and fell asleep at 9. Yesterday morning I was up at 6. I got a lot of cleaning and more reading done. This is were it gets interesting. I was down in our basement working on my laundry, I heard some yelling and it sounded like it was coming from the backyard. I stopped and peeked out and didn't see anything, I heard more yelling then a POP. I heard even MORE yelling and another POP. I ran up the stairs and yelled to Kristen "what the hell is going on??" she said, "was that shots???" we ran out onto the balcony and saw a neighbor standing outside. Kristen called 911 they said it had already been called in. We ran outside, and most of the neighbors were outside. Apparently two guys had been fighting right outside from our house, across the street on the park side. Both had taken off, one on foot, one in his car. We don't know if it was an attempted robbery, car jacking, a drug deal gone bad or what. We don't know if any of the guys involved were hurt...no clue. The good to come out of it all was we got to know some of our neighbors better. we found out about the neighborhood watch thingy going on. Also our neighbors 1-1/2 son loves me. He wouldn't let me put him down at all yesterday. Even to go back to his mom.

As the day wore on....I started feeling gross. Now today? That damn cold is back. I am not happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Stace! thats crazy! I'm so glad no one in your neighborhood was hurt!
-kk

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home