Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, January 29, 2007

I should have a floatie attatched to my waist


The water/sewage board is claiming we use something like 640 Gallons a MONTH!!! not a year...not in two years...but a MONTH. Seriously now....does that seem possible to everyone? I don't think we could go through that amount if we ran the dishwasher/washing machine/all the faucets and constantly sat there and flushed the toilet 24/7. Kristen went through all the bills since Katrina this weekend. They actually did a reading 7 months ago. Not 17 months ago. So somehow in the past 7 months we have dramatically gone up. We are trying to locate our water meter. It is a very good possiblity that it underground. I am pretty sure I know where it is located...and it I also seem to recall that there was two covers in that general area...so it is quite possible that one of the covers? was sodded over.....It is all very fishy to me. Also in that location? Kristen rememebers some guys from the Water and Sewage board doing some repairs either Christmas 2005 or this past summer, she is trying to remember when. They told us that the water would be turned off at our place for about an hour....there was a huge fountian of water out there when they were working....I don't really recall this myself but I do remember the yellow tape around the area for a long time afterwards until the new sod was laid down....It is all a big huge pain in the ass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this crap from your utilities. You shouldn't have to pay for things that they couldn't bother figuring out how to bill you for for months and months.

The number just made me wonder where they would come up with that number, so looking around the internet, I found this on a govt. water website:

The average single-family home uses 80 gallons of water per person each day in the winter and 120 gallons in the summer. Showering, bathing and using the toilet account for about two-thirds of the average family's water usage.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...fishy fishy. Lisa

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home