Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One day of Rest

So Pete asked me if I did in fact make it out to FQF. I am proud to say that I did. I was a little out of it for most of the day. My body took quite a beating from being on that concrete floor in the arena for so long. My knees hurt, my feet hurt, I had blisters and was over all exhuasted. I didn't want to miss out on the fest however. I was willing to power through it. I was up pretty early on Sunday and made my way to the Streetcar. By the time it got up to Napoleon, the car was packed, yet more people kept getting on. I did run into some friends on the way, so we walked over to Ingrid's set together. Once there we did lose track of each other, but that was okay. Really all I wanted to do was to sit down and enjoy the music. Jessica showed up, and by that time I decided I wanted a Pimm's cup. The line to sit down to eat was out the door, and some people standing in line wouldn't let anyone wanting to go up to the bar and order a drink to go, well go in. Obviously some tourists and I wasn't in the mood to fight it so I wandered across the street and got myself a bloody mary. We went back to Ingrid's stage to catch the rest of her set. We weren't there more than 5 mins when I was called and asked to come and sell Merch for Paul Sanchez's gig. We sold a TON of cds for Paul, Shamarr, John and Susan.


They had a nice crowd gathered around their stage, and everyone did seem to be enjoying themselves.
As you can see here from this pic, I had some extreme bags and dark circles under my eyes, yet I did have a smile on my face. I love the way that the set was advertised as Paul Sanchez and the Rolling Road show, yet he gave the stage over to John, Susan and Shamarr so they could do their thing as well. He is a gracious performer. After Paul's set we went over to Jackson Square to catch the end of the Pfister Sisters. If you haven't seen them, you really should. These ladies have some beautiful voices!!
After the set we did finally get a chance to eat (first meal of the day) and I knew exactly what I wanted to get. Vaucresson Sausage. I ordered up a hot sausage po' boy and Jessica got a crawfish sausage po'boy. We gracefully ripped them in half (okay it wasn't graceful) so we each got to try a little bit of each. Of course we had our customary hurricane together. Then it was off to Preservation Hall to see Leroy and Katja.

I was at this point starting to fade fast, so we journyed on back to my house to drop off Jessica's bag then, well it was a trip down to the Maple Leaf so Jessica could induldge in the crawfish boil. We stuffed ourselves with the spicey goodness then it was time to crash. Crash I did. I am still trying to recover. But so worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Wow, I wa wondering if you made it to FQF after all. I don't know how you did it after all you did the few days before. I bet you so crashed!

From your pictures, it looks like the weather was just beautiful on Sunday!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it! A most gorgeous day, but packed, I'll bet.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home