Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, April 03, 2008

In Training

We are three weeks away from Jazz Fest. One week (and the rest of today) away from French Quarter Fest. What I am wondering is if everyone has gone into training yet for these fests? As for myself I do believe I am in prime form for the fests. Yes, I will be missing two day of FQF (SQUEE!! I start working on VDay in a WEEK!!) however if I had been going to those two days as well, I would still be in fine shape. However, one needs to keep up training so I offer these "tools" for your use.

Yesterday started the spring session of Wednesday in the Square. I have once again signed on to be a volunteer, or a taste tester if you will. I am one of the ones pouring the beers. It is a chance to listen to some steller music, drink some beer, eat some fantastic food (yummy Rotolo's!!) and hang out with some pretty awesome folk. I, however did not get to attend yesterday, as I was babysitting. I do that alot when Bonerama is on the road. Help out where I can. But I will be there next week!! And every week until June 18th. Either back at the beer trailers or selling merch. Check out the lineup and come have some fun!!

Coming up this Saturday is sure to be a lot of fun. It is once again time for the Freret St. Festival and is going to have a lot of great music and food. I grabbed this from my weekly Offbeat email since I can't seem to find a website for the fest: Saturday marks the 11th anniversary of the Freret Street Festival, presented by Neighborhood Housing Services of New Orleans. Music starts at 11 a.m. with Jo "Cool" Davis, and over the course of the afternoon, Kermit Ruffins and the Barbeque Swingers, the Soul Rebels, Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes, Fredy Omar, and Sunpie and the Louisiana Sunspots will be among the performers on three stages spread out from Napoleon to Jefferson Avenue. The musical offerings also include "An Afternoon of Jazz" with Troi Bechet, Leah Chase, Phillip Manuel (pictured), Gregory Thompson, Sharon Martin and Pearlie Tyler. The free festival will have artists and food vendors, as well as a home ownership fair.

Also happening this weekend is the Old Algiers Riverfest where yet even more music and fun can be had. This will go on both Saturday and Sunday.

So if you are in the mood for a fun musical filled weekend? It is here. Starting off small, then working your way up to FQF then to JF. Seriously love this town.

3 Comments:

Blogger WendyD said...

I want to be in NOLA this month so bad!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting a Play Hooky From Work on Friday movement on the Twitter for the first day of FQF. Easy for me, because I don't have to play hooky that day.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

tease tease tease!!!!

24 more days!

I am warming up with a little Bonerama tonight!;)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home