Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rising

Lisa asked me to go and take some pictures of the river for her, so I thought I would share with everyone the pictures I did take. I went on up the levee where I normally take my bike rides. The last time I went on a bike ride was a week and half ago. I was amazed at that point how high it was then, I mean I did know the river was rising but I guess I didn't comprehend it to well.

The water around the radio tower isn't normally right all the way up the levee as it is in this shot. There are usually people down at the base of the tower fishing, playing with dogs, not much room for that now.
These are some of the houses that are on the other side of the levee. They are all raised up for this purpose, although the water hadn't been reaching the houses in awhile, so when I went by and saw the water underneath the houses and up the base of the levee it blew my mind.
The one thing that I had gotten used to seeing was the fridge that someone dumped down the levee. It has floated about a half a mile from where I would usually see it, now mixed in with driftwood, and other trash items.
Under the Huey P, some ducks are swimming along!
One more shot....it is definitely getting higher and higher.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is pretty high! Seems we go see it now whereas we used to not pre-k. Ah, how times have changed!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, looks pretty high! Crazy! Hope it doesnt get much higher!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

that's pretty high!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home