Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Continuing Adventures of Kristy and Stacey

So after our fairly calm evening on Wed, we decided to turn it up a notch for Thursday. Kinda. ;) I worked all day, and Kristy had a stressful moment or two trying to lock my front door. She finally got it worked out, and then went shopping down Magazine street. At 5:00 she met me outside work and we ran home to change....then we were off. First we walked down to Carrollton Station to find out about tickets for the show that night. The bartender said, "buy them now and they are cheaper" so we did, then we sat down and ate. The crawfish quesadialla was mighty tasty. We then grabbed a cab and went out to Saenger (most likely spelled wrong) theater to catch Gavin DeGraw in concert. Kristy LOVES him. LOVES. LOVES. wants to have his babies kinda love. Of course, so did about 99% of the teenage girls there. We had seats in row H. I hadn't really "heard" much of his music. I have heard a few songs, but never connected the name to the song. He put on a good show and I really enjoyed the music. He didn't start until 9:40 or so, and was done by 11. We thought for sure we had missed the first set at Carrollton Station. As I was told later "you should know better" yeah yeah. They hadnt even started when we got there about 11:20 or so. John, Anders and Mark put on a fantastic show. I knew lots of the songs, and danced up a storm. Highlight was definetly when Mark sang "Heaven's Moon" from the second Mulebone CD. 4:00 AM was the getting home time and here I am 6 hours later....waiting for the next 2 hours to pass so I can go to Jazz Fest. Bonerama at Tips FQ tonight with Papa Grows Funk. Solid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two wild women!! Sounds like a great time! "Heaven's Moon"? *sigh*
-Janice

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the reports coming!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home