Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, April 22, 2005

*SIGH*

I am in serious "like" its bad. But I don't care. Last night I left work to go see Eric before the LMF instores. He wasn't at either side of the TI's so I contemplated going over to the big TI to see if he was there. I decided not too, don't want to be too big of a pest. I had a drink at the Papa Joe's side of TI, and about halfway through it I remembered that Eric had said he worked at 7. I didn't want to be sitting there when he got there, so I left....luckily it was almost time for Craig's set to start. I walked up to LMF and said hi to Bert and Doug, Paul introduced himself to me AGAIN. "Paul, we have met." "We have? Where?" "At Donna's, I am there almost every Saturday" "I am usually pretty loaded then, are you a musician?" "No just a fan, a "groupie" but not that kind" "I didn't realize there was any other kind" It was about that time that Billy Idol made his appearance. There were a gaggle of girls standing outside the HOB and he came out the stage door to get on his bus. The girls just started screaming, going nuts. We all kinda laughed about it. Craig said "no one screams for me that way" I said "sure they do, when you are playing" "yeah but not when we come out the stage door" "I can arrange that for you" Roger, Elise and I kept doing mock screaming every time he walked by. Billy Idol became a running joke after that. Roger, Elise and I snagged a spot right up front. Grace (Matt's mom) came in with Ben and came right up by us. Ben is the cutest little boy, he really looks like his daddy. He danced a bit with me. Craig and the guys really jammed out....they sounded awesome!!! Craig didn't wear the most "breathable" outfit and since it was hot in there, he got a little sweaty pretty fast. By the time it got to his last song "Dad's Dilemma" he pulled up all the Bonerama horns. There was a small break after that song, so Roger, Elise and I went on a beer run. By the time we got back, they had started playing. I had to sit on the ground next to the stage, got Mark and Craig spit all over me (ew) and got poked in the back by Ben alot. I think he was enjoying someone being on his level. I love, love, LOVE the Meters Melody that they have been playing lately. Last night was no exception it was HOT. Literally. Ben almost pulled off Mark's sheet music. That would have been bad. As soon as the set was over, David Fricke from Rolling Stone came up and talked to Mark and Craig. I wasn't sure if was him...but Mark confirmed later that it was. We got some new Bonerama goodies (necklaces, magnets, and stickers) chatted with the boys a bit, then I went off to find Eric. I am a sucker...I know....I walked up to where I had been earlier, and again hadn't seen him on either side. I was about to walk back to Lounge Lizards where Craig and Bert where, when I saw him working the small "to go" bar. He was helping some ladies, but when he saw me he gave me a big grin. He had me come inside and sit kinda by the bandstand....he ordered us dinner, which we shared, and we just chatted . At one point he looked at me and said "Thank you for coming to see me tonight, its made the night go by so much faster" I got a kiss on the cheek when I left. *sigh* He is going to Jazz Fest stuff today...he has the day off. I am not sure when I will see him again. Maybe tomorrow.....I don't know. We will see. But I am in serious *like*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I meet Eric? I dont remember?

9:44 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

Yup...you met him on Friday night. when we were waiting for Dia and her krewe to show up...on the zydeco side of the bar.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now I remember....nice guy....and hes not *ahem* the same age ...well you know who!

3:56 PM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

nope older. thank god.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home