Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Let the Madness begin

After work yesterday, while waiting for Carrie to swing by and pick me up at work, I gave Phil a call. To make sure that they had the instore covered for merch. They had decided that Donna would stay at Tower and work the mailing list, and Phil would go on the Cajun Queen to work merch for Funky Meters. I felt a bit better. Adam was going down to Tower, his first real foray since the "incident" both him and I decided that after picking up Kristy from the airport that Carrie, Kristy and I would meet up with Adam and Donna and go to Cafe Maspero's for dinner. Thinking that by the time we got there, the instore would be over. As luck would have it...Kristy called me at 6:18 and said she was just waiting for her luggage. Carrie and I had just left the house!! By the time we pulled up to the airport, Kristy was outside waiting for us. So off we went down to the quarter. We got there around 7:00, and found some free street parking a few blocks away. Adam called when we were walking down and said that they hadn't started yet. When we walked in..."Blackout" (no vocals) was blaring. I saw Roger and Elise, and Carol (whom I know from Donna's) I found Donna and started working the mailing list book with her. Most everyone signed up!! it was awesome. The guys did a "signing" of CDs afterwards. At least Mark, Craig, Matt and Bert did. The other guys had to run right after the set to other gigs. One guy, while signing the mailing list, asked if they had a record deal. "Nope, they produce all their own stuff" "Well I have a record company...." he gave me a card and said to check them out. I gave the card to Mark. After we left there, we had dinner at Cafe Masperos. I think Donna was happy to hang out with some girls for awhile!! We hung out until the boat came back, and she had to go and get Phil. That was the fun for the evening. Tonight we go to Carrollton Station to see John Gros, Mark Mullins and Anders Osborne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home