Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weather Watch

I just checked out the temp. It says 94, feels like 104, with 54% humidity. I guess that’s too bad. It did feel as though either my shoes were melting, or the cement was. So it’s another summer day in New Orleans. Yesterday it was some pretty cool weather. I finally went outside around 3 in the afternoon to run up to the store and get some cat food. I walked out the front door and it was like being shoved into a wet oven. For the first time, since moving here, I could literally feel water in the air. There were low clouds, and they were dark. I walked up to the streetcar stop, and it felt as though it took 10 minutes to walk across the park. It didn’t take that long, but it was like walking through water. Thunder was booming every few seconds, and there were flashes of lighting. I had an umbrella, but was hoping not to have to use it. You know the whole, lighting/umbrella thing. There was a slight breeze, but only enough to tease you. Like you can cool down from a hot air. In the 5 minutes I spent inside the store, there was a weather change. The breeze was cooler, the humidity felt like it was gone, and a few drops of rain came down. It wasn’t really a breeze, but a nice wind. That walking through water feeling was gone. It did start pouring about the time the streetcar pulled up to my stop it was such a dramatic change. It rained for maybe 10 minutes, then went right back to the heavy air. I spent part of the evening on the balcony watching the lighting and listening to the thunder. The weather here is just so cool to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home