Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, August 08, 2005

Where did it go?

The weekend just soared by. When I realized I would have to work this morning, I was a tad sad. But I got over it quick. Because after all, today is one day closer to the invasion. Friday night, I ran out of work, ran a few errands then out to the club strut. I had a FREAKIN blast. $30 got you into any club along Frenchmen. I started at Cafe Brasil, where Mark Braud and Lucien Barbarin were sitting in with Henry Butler. This really tall blond tan guy with a goatee came up behind me and scared me....I went over and saw him play with Storyville Stompers at 13. Ran into Blue Nile a few times when Maurice Brown was playing, and out on the balcony was Troy Andrews and Orleans Avenue. All in all it was a pretty fantastic night musically. Hanging out with the boy is always a major plus as well. Saturday I went out to Satchmo Fest where I took in some Hot 8 brass band, Kim Prevost, Troy Andrews (did Lil Liza Jane!!) and Dr. Michael White. I then went home and crashed. Actually at one point I stared out the windows and prayed the house wasn't going to get hit by lighting, it seemed to be right next to the house a few times. Sunday, it was more of the same, Storyville Stompers, Henry Butler (also did Lil Liza Jane!!!), Soul Rebels and Kermit Ruffins. Not only was it fantastic musically, but you also get such a range of people at these fests. And I am all about people watching. You get a true blend of NOLA people, and it makes you realize what a great city this is. I had the best 1 year anniversary of living in this town. Nothing says happy like sweat rolling down your back, cold beer in your hand, and music in your ears.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! People watching in New Orleans is better than any other place. The "character" that make up the city are so much a part of its charm.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home