Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Car Woes

In the ongoing saga with my car, the first place I contacted pretty much told me that they can't help me. I have contacted another agency in hopes that something can be done. Does anyone else have any ideas? The skinny of problem is, bought the car in TX just over 3 months ago. I bought the car so I could get home and have transportation since public transit wasn't in full swing yet. 2 days after paying cash for an AS IS car, I drove home. The car started to overheat, I replaced the radiator cap on the trip home. Car was semi-okay, still was overheating and I would about once a week add coolant. That seemed to be okay, until recently when it now starts smoking out the hood and the tailpipe. Could be a hose, could be the thermostat, could be a cracked engine. There are several other "could be". So why I haven't taken it to a mechanic? Besides the idea of it eating up all my $$? It could be because I don't have the title to the car!!! 3 months later, no title. So even though the car is in my posession, and I paid the $$ for it...its still not technically mine. I don't want to go pouring more $$ into a car that isn't mine, and has been giving me problems from the get go. Am I just totally screwed or is there someone out there that knows something I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try here first & check to see if the car was a lemon or had flood damage to begin with... This tells you:
*Number of previous owners, when it was sold, what states it was sold in.
*Police accident reports if available for your VIN Number
*Major accident data, including total loss, rebuilt wrecks, salvage titles & airbag deployment
Odometer rollback check, truth in mileage consistency check
VIN Number Decoder shows year, model, engine, place of manufacture, standard equipment
*Lemon check on VIN number tells you if the car has been turned in under lemon law
*If the car was flooded, totaled by insurance, has a salvage title or sold at an auction
*Open recalls on your car, remaining coverage on the vehicle's warranty
Service records from GE fleet, more
*Indication if vehicle has been certified pre-owned, leased, car rental, fleet or government vehicle
*Date when dealer took delivery. Use this to haggle a lower price, it's sitting on the lot for months.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carfax.htm

After you check your VIN number there, then call the Better Biz Bureau where you bought the car... Alert the company you bought the car from, that you are a Hurricae Katrina Evacuee & you will go to all of the local media if your title does not appear within 5 business days. If that doesn't work, e-mail your story to all of the local media where you bought the car & put them on the fraud list...

Hope that helps : )

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home