Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Advice

As I have stated lately...I am working a temp job. Which means no sick time, and when I take a day off, I don't get paid. However I am considering taking Friday off. Why you ask? Well, right now out at the zoo, this week only through Saturday, there is a clinic set up. You can get your eyes checked, see a dentist and any other doctor....and not have insurance. Its all free. I could wait until Saturday but it would most likely take all day as I am sure there are alot of people who need to wait until that day. I would love to get the chance to see an eye doctor to make sure my retinas don't have a bunch of tears in them (although I am pretty damn sure they do) but they could take care of it....(follow ups are included) and I really should see a dentist. I don't have insurance right now and this could be really my only chance for awhile. I also am going to be spending Saturday with the Arabi Wrecking Krewe. I wouldn't be totally stupid to take a day without pay to go and do this would I?? Of course I have to make sure the girl who relives me for breaks will actually be here, she is out today. I would be dumb not to do this....right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to go. Free medical care vs. work. While neither one is enjoyable you'll "make" more with the medical care than if you went to work.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go too. What it would cost you to pay for those services would be more than a day's work. Then take the rest of the day to get your resume out to a few places!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO it-- seriously, the cost of those Dr visits is huge, and even with insurance (like my crappy insurance!) there are deductables and co-pays! Free is good!
Now, if you were perfectly healthy, I'd say it was up to you, but with the issues with your eyes, and not having dental, etc-- you totally need to go.
In fact, I'd call in sick tomorrow or thursday and go (that way they don't think you're taking a long weekend, and there might be less crowds)
OR--since they're not giving you a lot of work to do, go home sick "early" at lunch...
-Kristy

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home