Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 06, 2006

Don't Think So

Mike...once again that was if YOU lost....not if I lost. So run naked down Bourbon Street by yourself. I don't have the bail money to get myself out.....

Let's just say it was a "perfect" weekend all around. I say that sarcastically of course. There were some good moments:

  • Bonerama gig at the Leaf. There were some funky sound issues....so it sounded "off" Not enough sousaphone at times. Mark had to use the mute more than once.....not totally electric. Of course there will be a different sound for the next two weeks with two guys gone. Matt and Rick are out of town on another gig....Jason is filling in for Matt and...aw crap can't think of the guys name that is filling in for Rick. I have met him a few times now and I am blanking on his name. It was packed all the way to the merch table even after the set break. Normally its about half the crowd after the break, but not on Friday. It was nice to see so many people having a good time.
  • Arabi Wrecking Krewe work. We gutted 2 rooms on Saturday. It felt good to swing that hammer and get those moldy walls down. We started in on the kitchen at the end of the afternoon, still have 4 rooms left to do. Luckily this Saturday we will have a bunch of student helping out from Tulane...something like 30. We had a fairly decent meal from Red Cross as well. :) :)
  • And well that's about it.

There are some people that gave me some great support this weekend...ya'll know who you are and I thank you. It means a lot.

Today will be interesting at work since half the people here are on strike....standing outside with their signs and everything. We have securtiy here as well. I will have words with any of the guys who attempt to give me a hard time. I can understand reasons for striking most of the time, however right now? In this city? When they should be freakin grateful to even have a job to come too??? I don't think so. They already called one persong a traitor...she isn't part of the union and has a family to take care of. Are they willing to pay people her missing salary to stand outside with them??? I didn't think so. I almost called in today....I really just wanted to hide under the covers all day (not to mention a headache from cheap beer) I still kinda wish I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home