Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 20, 2006

Mardi Gras Madness

Gig for Bonerama on Friday was full of lots of new fans. It was an...interesting crowd to say the least. I almost sold out of CDs....I did start out with a small amount....sold like 12? 14? More than past weekends.....this coming Friday is the Krewe of Oak ball at the Maple Leaf, so its going to get insane there. A good insane. I can't wait.

Saturday we headed out to the parades....we decided to go downtown, where we could watch the parades, then run over and catch the ferry so we could get to the Orpheus Open House. It was damn cold out on Saturday. Too damn cold. For here? Yeah....we froze our asses off, but it was worth it. We got a spot right off Canal on St. Charles. Have never done a parade that close to Canal before. We yelled and screamed for the MAX band....St. Mary, St. Aug and Xavier Prep combined band. The best of the best. This is one of my roomies first Mardi Gras, and she was having a good time. Finally around 2:40, we took off for the ferry. By the time the ferry left our side, Hank and Gayle had had enough of the coldness over in the warehouses of Mardi Gras World. We were instructed to take lots of pictures of float #14 Thunder and Drums as someone's camera ran out of battery juice. (it really didn't but that is a different funnier story for another time) We took lots of pictures and Kristen got to see the floats up close for the first time (our other roomie bailed as she was too cold). We then met up with Hank and Gayle at, I think it was Dry Dock Bar....right across the street from the ferry....were we drank, ate, and laughed for several hours. I can't wait for the ball and the parade and just more general craziness with those guys. Bacchus will be saaaaaassssssssy!!!!

Sunday Kristen and I had a yummy breakfast, then? We went to more parades. Same spot as the day before, but across the street. Carrollton is my fav of the smaller Krewes and they did not disappoint!!! I even was thrown a stuffed bear....in a devil costume....how did that person know????? After the two parades rolled, we high-tailed it into the Quarter and caught some of the Barkus parade. Barkus...is well a parade for the dogs. Really. It was very cute and some of those dogs were adorable. Okay they all were. This parade lasted for like almost 2 hours....we then headed over to Cafe Du Monde.....loaded up on sugary goodness...then home. I got all comfy on the recliner with my blanket and book.....pretty soon Liza and Max (Kristen's cat) settled in my lap and I started to fall asleep....like at 8 at night.....it was the perfect end to a perfect weekend.

I can't describe the feeling of happiness that swept over me when that first parade was seen coming down The Avenue.....it was amazing. Everyone was just having a great time. Next parades roll on Thursday, and I will be there!! I have instructions on where to go stand for Muses, as our downstairs neighbor is riding.....maybe I will get a shoe!!!!

I will post some pics of the floats when I get home, they are all on the home computer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I no longer believe you when you say it's cold.

Was it PA cold or NOLA cold?

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home