Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend in Words

I put up a few pics from this weekend in the last post...and holy darkness on my work computer...I swear I can see them on my computer!! Don't know if its the monitor here, or what. Anyway....I thought I would share my weekend. I know everyone is just waiting anxiously for details right??? Yeah I thought not. ;)

I took Friday off to go to the clinic. One of my roomies said they would give me a ride, on her way to class...so I left a bit later than planned but I am not one to give up a free ride. Turns out I should have. I got there just after 9 AM. They had closed the clinic line for the day. They already had 1500 or so people in line. Apparently they started lining up at 4 AM.....they were going to start taking registration at 6 AM on Saturday morning. So that was my plan. I went home and crashed for a bit. I had gone out on Thursday evening and saw/heard Craig play at Palm Court. So I was tired. I did some fun things like laundry and stare at the TV. I couldn't even concentrate on a book. That has been happening a lot lately. As I was watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, I got a call from my mom with some very bad news. It wasn't suprising...but at the same time it was. Of course I thought "what the hell else can go wrong???" About 20 minutes later I had to leave for the Leaf. I know for some people that the last thing they would want to do is go out. However I needed to. I needed the music of the guys to help drown out all bad crap. Some people understand what I am talking about...some don't. It helped that my friends were there, Roger and Elyse. Also the fantastic Kelly Mullins (aka Mrs. Mark Mullins) was there with her sister and she had me giggling. Frenchy was also there for the 2nd weekend in a row painting the guys. Frenchy owns the gallery across the street from the Maple Leaf and the paintings he does is AMAZING!!

Plans to head to the free clinic pretty much vanished. I didn't feel good about going to stand in a line at 4 AM. Considering I left the Maple Leaf at 3:30, it wasn't an option. Also when talking to my mom earlier, she had said that her and my dad would help out with an eye doctor appointment. Plus there is a bit more help out here right now. Hell I may just go sit at the convention center clinic one day. I don't know.

Bed around 4, up at 9:15 to head out with AWK. I took the bus part way to Ingrid's then walked about a mile in the wrong direction before my not awake brain figured out I was going the wrong way. I got there around 11 and away we went. I got to smash the hell out of the walls in the bathroom, that is cool in a sick way. We finished up there pretty early and headed over to Benny Jones' house to continue work there. We finished around 5 or so. A quick trip home, a shower later and we were heading out to the Quarter for Krewe de Vieux. We started on Frenchmens. Saw the whole parade there, and then ran to catch up to the Stompers to hear some more. We ended up catching up with them on Rampart and Canal. Then we got to walk back. Home and sleep followed.

My intention for Sunday was more AWK. However, my body didn't agree with me. Too much work on Saturday. I felt awful but when I talked to my fearless leader, she said not to worry as she had 23 Tulane Law Students and that was enough for what they were doing. I did leave my house at 1:30 to out to Tipintina's for Chris Rose's book signing. I figured I would be home around 3, and just chill for the rest of the evening. Never plan. There was more people than anyone expected. They had to move Chris outside so the music could start....I waited for almost 4 hours. In line at 2:17, out of line at 6:00. We were outside the whole time. And it was cold yesterday. However, I did have fun chatting with everyone around me. I walked back up to the bus stop on Napoleon and St. Charles and waited for over 20 minutes for the bus, continuing to freeze before I said to hell with it and I started to walk. I made it a block from Jefferson before a bus came roaring past....I wasn't at a stop. I ended up walking all the way to the river bend, stopped for food then walked up to Carrollton/Oak St. before waiting for the next bus. Luckily this wait was 5 minutes. I got home around 8, ate my dinner and collapsed. So I walked a LOT this weekend. I mean, a lot. Saturday, Sunday, and this morning? I was in the same postition I fell asleep in....I didn't MOVE.

Bring on the week now. I can take it. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home