Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Still Not Sure

So everyone is saying go to the free clinic. However, because of the strike at work....I am not getting a lunch break. They have for the past 2 days brought in lunch and we have all ate at our desks. They can't really afford to have the people that are working, leave for a lunch break. Therefore right now I have an hour of overtime. If I take off Friday (can't leave early on any other days because of said strike) I lose the overtime. Of course it would make up for 2 hours of the day I would miss on Friday....but is that enough??? All the money helps right now since with this temp job I am making $400 less a month then before the storm. If I go on Saturday....I miss helping out with the Arabi Wrecking Krewe because I know I am going to be in long lines. There were several people on my bus this morning going to the clinic....they open at 8 and these people were going to be there at least an hour before. Then I see articles like this one *sigh* I don't want to be a grown-up anymore. I am tired of tried to make decisions with my car, my job, my health, dealing with mold, long lines, tensions, bad drivers, debris. Just everything. If anyone needs me, I will be outside playing in the sun. Some freeze-tag, hide-n-seek, red rover, riding my bike and just plain being a kid again...mmmmmkay???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else... Yes, you should go... The temp job is just that temp... And when it comes down to it, your health should come first... Here are a few more links that may help...
Here are a couple of links where you can search for Free Health Clinics:
http://ask.hrsa.gov/pc/ and http://www.uniteforsight.org/state

Other resource assistance for hurricane survivors are listed at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hurricanevictimhelp/

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One More...

http://uniteforsight.org/freeclinics.phpThere

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry... Need coffee ; ) & can't edit... The direct link is:
http://uniteforsight.org/freeclinics.php

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think you should go. If you wind up not being able to see b/c you let the retina thing go on longer then you really won't be able to work at all - and that would be much worse.

Plus - you can always get another job - more eyes could be difficult.

I'm in for TV tag. :)

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree-- if you loose your eyesight, or get really sick, you can't work or help aribi, or even see mullins one day again sport leather pants. thats is, no more, you're done. plus, imagine all the compounded adult decisions/stress tat will come with dr. bills... yuck.
so, there ya are, the tribe has spoken, you have to go. the end. :P
-kristy

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home