Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tony....Tony....Tony.....


The Tony Award Nominations were announced just a short time ago. My boy, Harry Connick Jr. was nominated for his role in Pajama Game. Over all the show received a total of 9 nominations:
  • Best Revival of a Musical
  • Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical~Harry Connick Jr.
  • Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical~Kelli O'Hara
  • Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical~Megan Lawrence
  • Best Direction of a Musical~Kathleen Marshall
  • Best Choreography~Kathleen Marshall
  • Best Orchestrations~Dick Lieb and Danny Troob
  • Best Scenic Design of a Musical~Derek McLane
  • Best Costume Design of a Musical~Martin Pakledinaz

You can see the rest of the nominations here.

What else was really really really really cool??? The Regional Theatre Tony Award is going to Intiman Theatre in Seattle. Bartlett Sher the artistic director of the Intiman has TWO shows running on Broadway right now, Light in the Piazza (which Kelli O'hara was in last year and nominated for a Tony for that role, again last year) and Awake and Sing! Before I left Seattle? I worked at that theatre. Not on an actual production, but in the subcription office. I met Bartlett there a few times. This was right after Light in the Piazza had just premiered in Seattle, and was about to open in Chicago for a short run before opening on Broadway. He is a very cool guy so I am very happy for them. That theatre puts on some really amazing shows.

Oh....guess who gets to go and see the Pajama Game in like, 4 days???? Yeah that would be myself, my mom, my sister and my brother in law!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and if anyone cancels - you're so going to call me, right? :)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!! I wish I could be there just to see your face during the show! you're going to love it!!!
-k

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home