Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Fat Lady has Sung

It was more like Lionel Richie....he closed out the Fest. Fats Domino was suppose to, unfortunelty he fell ill. Lionel looks and sounds good! Heard a few tunes by him as we were heading out. I am trying to remember everything I have done in the past week, and I can't really remember. So again with the bullets:

  • Friday it was koozies and Port o' Call. Then some rest and tivo catch up before heading to Maple Leaf for Bonerama. Merch was set all the way in the back. By the courtyard. Which meant we couldn't see or really hear the band. I think it was a good gig.
  • Saturday up early and out handing out koozies. I told them all we had to inside by 2:30 for the Storyville Stompers and we were. Probably my favorite day. We spread ourselves out at the Jazz and Heritage stage and didn't leave till Bonerama was done. We then had a few hours to kill until it was time to head to Rock-n-Bowl for the late show. This set was WAY to short. They played 30 mins. 5 songs. I did get to dance a little bit with Craig while Kermit Ruffins played "Lil Liza Jane" so that almost made up for it.
  • Yesterday it decided to rain right when we got out to do koozies. Wait it was rain....it was a freakin downpour. So while my fellow kooziers went back to their hotel....I went inside and saw an amazing set by John Boutte. Spent the rest of the day wandering from stage to stage. Eating and talking to friends. No gigs last night, so it was to bed semi-early. I am sure I will be going through withdrawls soon. Especially with not many local Bonerama dates in the near future. They will be taken to the road!! YAY for them and other out of town fans....sucky for me. ;) I will stay busy with PBS shows though...so that will be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home