Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, June 12, 2006

Edumicated


It was kinda funny, kinda sad….on Saturday as we ate our po’boys from Arabi Food Store we were discussing the tropical depression, now Tropical Storm Alberto. Last year at that same exact time none of us gave a thought to a tropical storm, much less a depression! Now here we are, one year. We all knew where it was, where it was likely to go, all the intricate details that one of these storms have. I guess when you are shoveling out 3-4” of hard mud from someone’s house, you tend to be more aware of what had caused this. This was probably the nastiest house that I have worked on. The stench that came from the house, the mud, the heat of the day, the pile of rubble, the thought of finding the lost cat (we had a small scare, turned out to be a stuffed animal). We were a small krewe, but we managed to get a lot done. I think even Megan and I got a lot done even if we did take lots of breaks. I know I didn’t want to pass out from exhaustion! We are 12 days into the hurricane season…and I had told several people that by mid June we would have our first storm. I really wish this was a time when I was wrong. We could use some rain here. You would think that a city that a year ago just went through major flooding wouldn’t care to see rain. But its been so dry here. I am wishing for rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home