Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Something I didn't need to know.

There is someone where I work almost 24 hours a day. Which a few days ago was a good thing. In the early AM, a young lady came into the shop....with very little on....she had been raped in a car, not to far from the worksite. Its not that far from major streets.....the police came and helped her from there. I just found out about it today. Crime is on the rise here now. Lots of bad things going on, its not so safe right now. Its not like, hide in your houses the end of the world is happening, but some things that I felt I could do? I really can't right now. Like on gig nights...walking to the gig, no big deal....now? I don't feel comfy doing it so I make sure I am on the last bus. I have also been walking home...(don't tell mom!!) as I don't feel comfy asking anyone for a ride home, as I don't know them as well. I could cab I suppose, but its only like 8 blocks away. Last week Carrie came and picked me up after the gig. Hopefully she will be able to do that this weekend as well. I don't mind change at all, but change for the bad? Well it just plain sucks ass doncha think???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so sad that the crime has moved into the areas that used to be relatively safe. The police really need to beef up the force. I was reading someone's blog, I forget which one that said NOLA really needs help from the National Guard to provide security to the city. The police are understaffed and overworked. They cant be everywhere....I hope this situation gets resolved soon.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow Stacey! Stay safe!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home