Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Something is out of Alignment

It has been a weird week. Has anyone else experienced this? Work has been crazy busy, which I personally love because the time flies by and before you know it….the day is over. There are some other weird instances, some I am choosing not to discuss here, but others things are just random and odd….like the sweaty bald pigeon I see outside work every day. Literally….the birds feathers are almost always wet and it seems to be plucking itself. I haven’t just seen this bird once, but several times. This morning, I got off the bus and ran into the gas station for some OJ. There was a rather large contingent of immigrants at Lee Circle today. More so than normal. When I walked out, two of the guys were squatting around a hole in the sidewalk. It was filled with water from the brief rain storm we had yesterday. They were brushing their teeth with this water. Washing their faces. It was really disturbing to me. Not only do most of these people make me uncomfortable by harassing me when I walk by, but now I am apparently tromping through their daily beautification rituals. I mean really….its a major street….they were right along side of it….as much as some people seem to think NOLA is a 3rd world country….ITS NOT. There are public restrooms around to do this in. Please use them and learn to respect the town a little bit. I know there are people out there who don’t, and that is fine, but there are those of us who do. Isn’t it about respecting each other or am I just delusional?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home