Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Back in the Saddle

4 years ago or so, I weighed alot. I mean ALOT. I think I was at my heaviest 265-285. (I honestly can't remember. Maybe I don't want to remember) I didn't feel good about myself. I mean would you?? With the help of some friends I started walking more, I was keeping a food journal. Once a week I sent the journal to a friend (who is a personal trainer) and she would tell me if I was doing good or bad, give me tips and what not. I made myself put EVERYTHING in that journal. Every day I would walk up Queen Anne Hill. Pretty soon the hike up got easier and easier. I will never forget the day when a co-worker walked up to me and whispered in my ear "girl, you need to get some new clothes, what you are wearing is just HANGING on you" I found that I could fit into smaller sizes. For about 2 years I did really really good. I was watching what I ate. Nothing too serious and never denied myself. I would do good everyday but one. That one day I was allowed to enjoy whatever I wanted. I was taking spin classes. I went to the gym everyday. I didn't see a HUGE change in myself other than fitting into smaller clothes. In my mind? I still looked the same, but I felt so much better. I didn't really notice a change until comparing pictures of myself from years previous. All in all in that 2 year time frame? I pretty much lost between 75-100 lbs. At my lowest? I was 185. Maybe it was 180. Still not the lightest girl on the block but I was happy. Really happy. Then? I lost motivation. I don't know what one thing it was....when it happened....I couldn't tell you. However in the past 2 years, I have put back on about 55 lbs. That isn't good. I am feeling it. I am getting older. I need to take better care of myself. Especially with all the wrecking and what not I do. I have hurt myself twice this summer and I am 99.9% sure my weight was a pretty big factor in that. I have gone walking a few times this summer but nothing serious. That will change. While I can not afford at this time to join a gym again, that doesn't mean I can't go walking. There are other exercises I can do on my own as well. I started up my food journal again. It is from a great website called fitday.com. I made the journal public so if you want to see mine, leave a comment. It will be a way to keep me honest. I have a goal. I want to be back where I was a few years ago. I know I will never be a super skinny girl, that is not my goal. I want to be happy with myself again. So here we go!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY STACEY!!!! I know you can do it!!! Just focus on your health, your happiness, your life...its the only you've got!!!
You know where to find me if you need to...and I'll check your journal! Sledgehamming walls is a fantastic & very satisfying workout (who needs spin)!
GO GIRL!!!

Mon

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO Stacey! thats great!
maybe we can tag-team and harass each other into working out.
ha ha!
:)
-k

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it Stacey!! go you!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, go, go! I need to lose a few myself (a few- HA!) We can motivate each other! I quit smoking FIVE days ago!!!!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want me to tape/DVD some of my workout shows?? You don't have to do them hardcore with weights and stuff yet-but the cardio is EXCELLENT??? Lisa

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home