Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Frustrations Galore

I know that it isn't right to blog about work. I mean, I don't want to get dooced. However for the second day in a row I am frustrated beyond belief. I used to answer phones here. In fact since moving to NOLA over 2 years ago, my job was answering phones. It almost felt like a step back, however I was just happy to have a job. Not long ago, the place I am at now, moved me off the phones. I moved up! Fantastic. I now only cover the phones every other week during the lunch break. And when the temp can't make it. Yesterday she couldn't make it. It didn't start that way however. It was that she was going to be late. Car acting up. Then it was they could't get the car part until 2. So she wasn't coming in. The guy I help out in the afternoon has been on vacation for the past week. About 55% of his workload lands on me now. Not to mention my morning duties. I can't do them from the front that well. Not to mention that my work hours changed, so I got here at 6:30 AM and instead of leaving at 3? I left at 4. Did I also mention that I didn't get a lunch break??? Yeah....the lady whose turn it is to cover the phones over lunch this week didn't bother to tell me that she had a funeral to go to. Which fine, I understand you have a funeral to go to...but you could at least have the decency to let me know so I can at least have a freakin bathroom break. I barely have touched my gigantic stack of work and I am told the temp is going to be late again and can I go and cover the phones until she gets here. How I am suppose to get anything done?? When I had car problems? I started to take the bus. You make do....you do what you have to get to work. It is frustrating. I better not get screwed over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home