Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Who Dat? Who Dat?

It is almost game day! One of the biggest football games in the history of New Orleans. Okay it probably IS the biggest game. 13 months after the thing...football is returning to the Super Dome. I had told my roomie that I wasn't planning on going to a Saints game. Really anything to do with the Super Dome. I didn't want to go in. I didn't have this strong of a feeling when I went to the convention center for the first time. It's not that I am not a Saints fan (I am..unless they are playing the Seahawks. Then its Hawks all the way) I just had a sense of sadness. Well anyway....I have overcome that. Tonight I was in the Super Dome. I will be in the Super Dome tomorrow night as well. On the field. As part of the crowd, in front of the stage...in which U2 and Green Day will be playing. 3 songs. I will be on the same side of the stage as the Edge....not right in front...but off to the side. Tonight I was right behind where the brass band stops. (My friend Rob Espino is part of that band, silver Sousaphone) Rebirth is on the other side. I can not even at this point in time express what it was like tonight. Tomorrow? It is going to be way more intense. The energy coming from the crowd in their seats? Its going to be incredible. We don't get to stay for the game. That is fine, we will head to a bar to watch the rest....but for a few short moments? I get to be part of history.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME! So fun!!! I'll look for you tonight!

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont think of the Superdome as the scene of tragedy, think of it like Drew Brees does

" For [Saints] quarterback Drew Brees and several others it will be their first trip inside the stadium that drew worldwide attention during Katrina.

"I'll be wide-eyed a little bit just looking around and seeing what it's going to feel like for the next 10 years hopefully, the rest of my career," Brees said. "I've only seen it on television.

"If anything, the Superdome was a saving grace for a lot of people; it housed a lot of people and probably saved a lot of people. For that to have happened -- I think several people were killed and there was a suicide, that was horrible. But to think of all the people who were saved, you look at that arena as more than just a football stadium."

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! Awesome for you and all the AWK kids!! Have the greatest time!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have the most awesome time!!!!

Lisa is right, think of the Superdome as a place that saved 3000 lives!

Wish I was there!

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home