Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One of those days

For the past 8 days I have been doing this special "diet". I know the fad diets don't really work and once you are done...the weight comes back on. So I am not really looking at this one as a diet, just a change in eating habits. It cuts out all carbs and sweets. For breakfast I have 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon. I am usually running late so I make my breakfast here at work, crack open the eggs in a coffee mug, zap them for a minute, stir em, and then zap them again for a minute. No salt/pepper, no butter. I also have 6 oz of grapefruit juice (unsweetened). For lunch I have the 6 oz of grapefruit juice, a salad and a meat. Usually chicken. For dinner it is a green or red vegtable and again a meat and again the 6 oz of grapefruit juice. You can cook these things anyway. Use what ever dressing, butter, salt/pepper. I usually don't add much...especially to the veggies. If I do add any seasoning it is to the meat and is usually some Tony's or some blackened seasonings. (all the meat is cooked on a George Foreman grill) You shouldn't be drinking sodas, and if you do they should be diet and caffine free. I still have my cup of coffee each morning. For a bedtime snack they suggest skim milk or tomato juices. I haven't had a need for any of that. I find that I am not that hungry in between meals at all. You do this meal plan for 12 days, then for 2 days have whatever, then go back on for 12 days. I have found that I am not craving the snacks as much. There are a few times, I have of course, but then I think "its just 12 days I can go that long without a potato chip" I do have to say I am really looking forward to having a slice of pizza in a few days. ;) But other than that? I don't have many cravings. My calorie intake has been cut down about 200 calories a day...I am keeping the intake between 1200 and just over 1500 now. However? I don't seem to be losing the weight. Yeah in the past week I think I have lost 4 lbs. Today? I feel like I am a giant and I haven't lost any at all. Since I have been doing a healthier lifestyle I have lost 15 lbs. My clothes still fit the same however. That I don't get. We did a great work out yesterday that included some jogging. We really go our heart rates up. Hopefully we will be able to do more today. It is a slow process and I am such an impatient person. I want to see results RIGHT NOW!! ;)

On a totally unrelated note....my sister heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday for the first time!! :) :) :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there. 15 pounds is awesome!!!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats great stacey! I'm in the same boat! I think the fad diet/eating plan things help for a little while, because they break your current cycle/habits, and it gives you something to focus on, or a goal while you're 'detoxing' from sugar, carbs, etc.
I'm down about 12 lbs and everything still kinda fits the same, so thats frusting, I know! just hang in there!! I'm sure you FEEL a ton better! Even though they're baby steps just think how great you'll feel by new years! :)
-kk

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home