Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, October 16, 2006

Where does time go?

This weekend went zooming past and I felt as though I had barely anytime to breath let alone sleep. I did find time for both however. It all started on Thursday. For the first time since the thing, I went out to Preservation Hall. It is not back open every day, I believe just Thursday-Saturday, possibly Sunday. If you have never heard of Preservation Hall it is one of THE best places to hear live music. That is all there is….just some benches and the music. No food, no drinks. I took in a set and a few songs….the place was packed, however I have seen it even more crowded. I then ran up to Palm Court which just re-opened after being closed over the summer. Some places do that here, since the summer it isn’t that busy with tourists. I ended up hanging out with some friends way to late that night. At some point in the evening I had decided “I am going to be tired tomorrow, so one more drink won’t hurt”, it really didn’t. Friday after work we ran down to the Quarter so I could pick up my BTE tickets. I decided I had too much other things going on and sold the ticket for Friday. We then had dinner and then headed to the BEST new club in New Orleans, Chickie Wah Wah. Dale the owner has to be one of the hardest working bar owners, and the nicest. Bonerama had a great set there, with a special guest. I don’t want to say who it was until I can get my pictures uploaded. It was unique and interesting!! Saturday was a day of wrecking. It was a short day, but we got a lot done. Saturday night it was to the Maple Leaf for a little PBS. Yesterday I spent a majority of the day at Tipitina’s. Bonerama was playing/teaching kids! It was a very cool experience. Most of the guys with kids had them out there. There were several talented kids up there on that stage and it is was great to see their parents encouraging them! Tips rocks for bringing back this series. It is happening every Sunday afternoon….they bring in a new musical act/musician every week. Part of my time there was spent making sure Bert and Greg were updated on the Saint’s score, while keeping the information from Mullins as he was taping the game. I don’t think he found out till he watched the game that they won. I thought for sure one of his boys was going to tell him!! I spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies. Relaxing…..enjoying the rainy windy afternoon snuggled up on the couch with a kitty. Now onto a new week and new adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home