Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Holy Terror?

At the end of August a new kitty moved into our household. He looks a lot like my lil Liza Jane, however he does not have the white belly or the chest. Actually, he has a few white hairs there. He is about a year old now, and this was his first experience with other kitties. Liza Jane and Maxwell get along just fine. As a matter of fact we often say they are boyfriend and girlfriend. It always takes a few days or weeks for the kitties to all get aquintated. It seems to be taking a lot longer for Liza and Fritz (or as I call him Fritzel Ditzel) to become friends. There have been a few loud fights, but even those seem to coming to a halt. I have even caught Liza bathing Fritz on occasion.

Over the weekend, Fritz's mama was out of town. I noticed at one point that his neck appeared swollen, however I didn't investigate it that much. I thought I was imaging things. On Monday, Fritz's neck was all wet. We were trying to figure out if Liza had given him a good bath, or if even Maxwell had. Perhaps he fell in some water. His mama cleaned him up just in case. (who knows what he could have gotten into)

Yesterday, there was a new development. There is a section of fur gone in that area under his neck. You wouldn't notice it unless you look, however it is still a large section gone. And in the middle of that? A big old hole. It could be a puncture wound. That is what we are thinking it is. Most likely from my kitty!! Now Max and Fritz have fought, but it is mainly my cat and Fritz that get into it. I caught her trying to lick that area on him yesterday, which could explain the fur gone in that area now. Fritz is acting completely fine, playing, running, eating, purring. He is going to the vet today to have it checked out. I can't believe my baby would do that!! They were loving up on each other most of yesterday, so hopefully this is a one time thing.

Liza has had her share of war wounds as well, from another cat. I guess she just got really pissed at Fritz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be the same thing that happened to Lisa's dog a few weeks back?

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home