Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ramble On……

I haven’t had much to say, nor the time to say it. I don’t know if I can put words into cohesive thoughts even now. I am going to give it a shot. Last week I started to feel ill. I stayed home Friday day to get some rest. That evening I went out to help celebrate my wonderful friend, Katja’s birthday. It was a wonderful evening. I was up early and out the door to spend the entire day at Voodoo Fest. I do mean the entire day. We got there to see one of the first bands. We left during the Red Hot Chili Peppers encore. I had time to race home, scrub my muddy feet (more later on the whole fest experience) change clothes and run out the door to the Maple Leaf. I knew I was going to be okay since the Meters were sitting in with the Chili Peppers. Since George Porter Jr. is part of the Meters, I knew chances of Porter, Batiste and Stoltz starting “on time” was slim. As it was, they started at around 12. We dealt with the time change that night as well. I think it was 5 (now really 4) by the time I collapsed in bed. Sunday, I was back out at the Park for another full day of music. It was a great ending however; I was onstage dancing with Cowboy Mouth right behind Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews, James Andrews and Big Sam. It was pretty freakin cool. Yesterday, I couldn’t move. I slept all day. Today, I am at work however the cold that has been raging to break free is finally doing so. I thought alcohol would kill it, but it didn’t. Tonight we have a pumpkin to carve, and trick o treaters to enjoy. Have a Happy Halloween!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic experience... Love that you were dancing onstage with Troy & the guys! Yay you!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home