Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, November 06, 2006

50 Book Challenge and a weekend recap

#66 Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man~Fannie Flag. Finished on Friday evening. Love this book.

Friday night after finishing the above book, Kristen and I headed out for a little Italian Pie. The food was delish, however most of the resturant was filled with a cross country team from the local high school and they were loud. Only one parent/coach there to watch over them. It was annoying. After dinner and short naps we headed over to Tipitina's to catch some George Porter Jr and the Runnin Pardners. It was a fun time. Stanton Moore sat in for a few songs in the second set and John Gros of Papa Grows Funk stopped by for a few minutes. They had been in the studio recording all day. We left a few songs into the second set and went the Maple Leaf where we had an excellent time. So excellent in fact that we didn't leave the Leaf until a little after 5 AM. We closed the place down. The funny thing? Is neither one of us was that drunk...if at all. We were just having fun. We decided that we just needed to stay up until 6 to help our other roomie load up the car (she is a glass blower and had a show on saturday) It was just after 6 when we realized she had stayed at her boyfriend's house. I slept until about 12:30 then was up cleaning house. We eventually made our way out to where the show was, saw all the other crafts and helped our roomie pick up her area. She did good as she was the only one there with glass. I helped a friend celabrate a birthday Saturday night at Carrollton Station. Susan Cowsill put on a great two sets. I actually didn't stay that late...left there at 1:30. Considering the music doesn't start until 11, it wasn't that late. Yesterday I felt so awful. I only left the house in the evening to grocery shop. I was in bed by 8, filled to the brim with drugs (cough syrup, airborne, tylenol pm) I am feeling a bit better this morning, but still not 85%. More vitams taken and we will see how we do today. There is a benefit for AWK tonight and Bonerama is playing, as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think I am going to make it. But we will see. It is also Kristen's birthday, so we are taking her out to dinner and ice cream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better babe!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home