Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, December 28, 2006

50 Book Challenge

#74 God Don't Like Ugly ~Mary Monroe (great book)

#75 Lifeguard ~ James Patterson.


So I am thinking that I may be done for the year. I have another James Patterson book that I snagged from my parents that I can probably finish before Monday. 75 sounds like a nice round number however. We shall see. I need something to keep me occupied on the bus. I will be doing the challenge again in the coming year, however instead of doing what I did this year, which was tack on 10 books to the previous year (I think I was trying to read 68 books) I think I am going to do 50 books, with at least 5 of them being classics. So what are some of your favorite classics that are absolute must reads?? I have a few that I have tried but I get bored....I do need to expand my reading horizon however. I am up to suggestions!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Great Gatsby" of course! My all time favorite ever! Also: "The Sun Also Rises", "To Kill A Mockingbird", "Gone With The WInd", "Lord of the Flies", "The Glass Menagerie", "The Turn of the Screw", "The Crucible", "the Scarlett letter", "Little Women"

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is my all-time favorite. I too need to read more classics, good idea!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen Meany by James (?) Irving. One of the best ever...it was made into a cheesy hollywood movie-simon birch or whatever. But the book is on my top ten for all time. Easy read as well. Lisa (sis)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home