Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Finding a Place

There are two places that I have been going to alot. Where everyone knows my name. Okay so maybe that last part isn't true, but alot of people do! Obviously I talk about the Maple Leaf alot. I am there alot because of the two bands I help out, Bonerama and Porter Batiste and Stoltz. I will find myself going there when they aren't playing. I will either go down with the roomie or by myself. I know I will always run into someone that I know there. Most of them I met because they are always there as well. It is close to home, cheap drinks and good music.

The newest place that I have fallen in love with? Is Chickie Wah Wah. Go ahead, say it out loud a few times. It is a great name. I first went to Chickie Wah Wah when Bonerama played there. I was back there this weekend. It isn't too far from the house, but not as close as the Leaf. The music? fantastic. The drinks? good. free food? awesome. But what really makes Chickie Wah Wah, Chickie Wah Wah? Well that would be Dale the owner. He has to be one of the hardest working bar owners in the city. If not THE hardest working bar owner. It isn't in the best area, in fact nothing is really open yet around the bar. Dale takes care of his customers, the bands and I am going to assume his employees. Kristen told him she was a vegetarian. So what does he do? He made the red beans and rice veggie for her. No one else noticed. We are going to make Chickie Wah Wah a more regular stop from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home