Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, January 15, 2007

New Music....

Thanks to all the commented last week....there is something like $30 to be donated....I have to go back and count.

The amount of new music that is coming out of New Orleans in the next few months is going to be amazing. The passion for the city that the musicians have is coming forth in the music. On Friday I heard bits of Leroy's new CD called "Soft Shoe" It is going to be a nice traditional cd. I really enjoyed it. It should be coming out sometime in April. He also gave me a cd of a band that he plays with in France that I have yet to listen to. Yesterday morning I listened to the clips of Harry's new cd. "Only My Nola" that comes out on Jan 30th, along with another CD of his being released on the Marsalis label. I had heard bits and pieces of this CD earlier as well, and it is going to be amazing to hear the NOLA roots come through in his playing. Last night Matt Perrine (of Bonerama) played for me some of HIS solo cd "Sunflower City" The people he put together on the CD are some of the best musicians in the city. I am not sure when he is putting this CD out, it is going to be a kick ass, groove till you drop CD. Then of course as announced on Saturday, Bonerama's new CD "Bringing it Home" is to be released on April 10th. Matt also played bits from that, it is sounding nice. I am going to go into a musical coma come around May. If you need to find me, I will be buried under a pile of awesome CDs with the ipod on shuffle......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! Hope all of them will be available at Jazz Fest!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April 10th!?? I can't wait! hey thats during my spring break! :) keep me updated on any release party plans--maybe I can come!
-kk

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home