Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It is about to get ugly here!!!

Please don't forget that all week long everytime someone leaves a comment, I will make a donation of a dollar for Katrina recovery. Don't be afraid to say hello!!

I know that some girls just don't get football. I know I didn't for a long time. I remember saying quite often on the weekends "Oh god not football again!! Isn't there something else on????" Maybe it started to grown on me in High School seeing as I was at all the football games. I think it really grew on me in college. In Missoula, MT there really isn't a whole heck of a lot to do but to cheer for the Grizzlies. Football was a way of life, it was THE social event. It still is. I started to care if my teams won or lose. While I am not as, shall we say obsessed as some fans get, I do really enjoy football.

Right now I am in between a rock and a hard place. There are two very huge games this weekend. I am nervous. I am anxious. I am excited. I want two teams to win. If they both win? Then I am royally screwed.

One team, the Seattle Seahawks, well they have been my team ever since I can remember. My dad has always been a big fan of the Seahawks, even when they were doing so awful they were called the Seachickens. This is my team. Even though I live across the country, they will always be my team.

The other team is of course the Saints. How can you NOT get swept up in the fever when living in this city??? Some people will say "Your just jumping on the band wagon" which is reasonable. I can respect that. My only excuse is to point out again, how can you NOT jump on when you live in this city where people bleed black and gold?

If both teams win this weekend (for the record I think the Saints will win, the Seahawks won't) they will play each other. Some people, like my father, love when two teams he likes play each other. The outcome will be in his favor. I am in that camp as well. Except for the NFC championship game. This just isn't a normal game. I realize I am putting the cart WAAAAY before the horse. There is this weekend to get through. I will either be really really happy come Sunday evening, only halfway happy or totally devastated.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEAUX SAINTS!
I've been a Saints fan forever. Ok, well not foerever, since I feel in love with the city so many years ago. I think it has to do with the fleur de lis on their uniforms. I really dont like football. I dont watch it. The Saints have never had a winning season so I never paid any attention. But now? Holy cow! Its so exciting and so nerve wracking because I (along with the entire city) are so hopeful and scared and afraid to think....could it happen?

I think the Saints are such a huge symbol for the revitalization of the city. If they continue to win, the city has a chance....

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!

Go SAINTS!!

They deserve it Stacey, the Seahawks made it to the big game last year!

Go SAINTS!!!

Mon

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally on the Saints bandwagon...I even have a few grumpy 49'er fans giving me crap about it, but I don't care!!
I agree with Lisa, it's the fleur de lis on their uniforms. ha.
No, really, it's because harry always looks cute in a saints hat.

:) ha!
kk

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tellin' ya Katrina washed the funk away from The Saints and it's gonna be a win! Go Saints!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope it's the Saints vs. the Chargers in the big game. That way New Orleans gets exposure by being there, and I won't care who wins. I will just go for whoever has the ball and hope they both score alot of points. ~Jay. again.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home