Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, January 05, 2007

First Friday!!

Here we are. Onto the 1st Friday of the year. Dear god and baby Jesus it feels like this week in itself has been a year. Today will feel like a year. It is so worth it. I had one of those evenings last night in which it makes me realize yet once again why I am so happy to be living in NOLA. Paul Sanchez played his first solo show since leaving Cowboy Mouth. It was himself on guitar and my friend Craig Klein on Trombone. John Boutte sat in for a few songs. The entire evening was a musical orgasm. The entire vibe of the night was incredible. Everyone was so happy to be there. When John sings, it is like, a choir of angels and he was ON last night. The respect that each musician had for each other was amazing. Paul kept throwing songs in that they hadn't rehearsed and if he hadn't mentioned it? You wouldn't have any idea that Craig was just winging it all night. Craig said later that this gig was one of his top 5 gigs that he has ever played, he loved it the challenge. Paul was sweet enough to dedicate a song to me. "All are Welcome in Heaven" I have a chance!! YES!! I was honored to be an audience member for this gig. You never know when you walk into a club here in NOLA if you are going to experience a night of great music or not. Being able to have that option makes life complete.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that it was a fantastic show! Honestly considered extending our trip to make this gig, but there was no way...
Belize or Bust! lol : ) -melissa

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! what a night! it's sounds like an amazing show....I'm super jealous! ;)

god bless new orleans! and fabulous musicians!
-kk

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home