Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ups and Downs

I was just reading my weekly Offbeat email and it is amazing how this city goes from some lows, to so really good highs. There were two small pieces that were low, one about Joel Neville, Aaron's wife of 47 years that passed on last week due to cancer. The other one was talking about the rally/march that is happening today. It also mentions the killings of two people here in New Orleans, the drummer for Hot 8 as well as the young filmmaker. (Her husband was also shot, he is alright and moved from the city already)

The next piece was about the Saints. The Saints have brought a lot of hope back to the city. It is almost scary to think what could happen if they lose this weekend. Will people be happy with how far they have made it? Any beacon of hope that people have, they grab onto it and hold for dear life.

I am really bummed because I was going to go the rally/march today. It starts at 11. Of course here at work, they decided to reschedule a meeting from yesterday to today at 11. If there was anyway I could get out of it I would. Considering I almost just walked out of work? It will be a miracle if I don't walk out of the meeting. So if you are here in the city please please go to this rally/march. It is starting at the Aquarium at 11 and will end at City Hall. This cycle of violence needs to stop.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're entire office should just shut down for a couple of hours and attend the rally! Tell your boss that!

The Saints simply have to and will win this Saturday!

Mon

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the rally had a GREAT turnout!!!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Saints will come marchin' in!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home