Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

All That We Have Learned


A few weeks ago my roomie and I took a mini road trip to Memphis. Somehow in the drive down we started talking about state capitols. We then tried to to name all the state capitols. We couldn't do it. Is that sad? I remember back in maybe in the 5th grade when we were tested on the state capitols and you had to know every single one. Now I am lucky if I can remember 10 state capitols. Why is it as we get older do we seem to lose some of that information we learned when we were little. Or is it just me? I am always amazed when a celebrity puts out a biography and they remember what they were doing on a certain day when they were 3. How can anyone remember that? Do they just have amazing steel trap memories? Sometimes it is a stretch to remember what I had for dinner last night let alone when I was three. So go ahead, try to name all the state capitols without using google. How did you do??

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Lets see: I don't know if I can name all 50 states let alone the capitals! Connor had to learn them all last year, lets see what I remember.
Augusta ME
Montpelier VT
Providence RI
Hartford CT
Concord NH
Albany NY
Boston MA
Trenton NJ
Harrisburg PA
Dover DE
???? MD- I want to say Baltimore But I know thats not right.
Richmond VA
South Carolina- dont know
Raleigh NC
Atlanta GA
MOntgomery AL
Tallahassee FL
Baton Rouge LA
Austin TX
Juneau Alaska
Honolulu- HI
Sacramento CA
Santa Fe- NM
Phoenix AZ
Ohio- dont know
Kentucky-dont know
Illinois-dont know
Oaklahoma-dont know
Iowa- Des Moines
Montana-dont know
Minnesota-St.Paul
North Dakota-Bismark
South Dakota-dont know
Idaho-dont know
Washington-dont know
Colorado-Denver
Indiana-Indianapolis
Michigan-dont know
Nevada-dont know
Mississippi-Jackson
And states I couldnt think of and had to look at a map: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Wyoming, Wisconsin.

I suck.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's kind of a use it or loose it thing I think.
don't worry, a lot of the information is still there, it's just stored in the back of your brain, but i bet if you had even a blank map in front of you, your could name a lot more.

I recently just went through a ton of my old undergrad college papers, I don't remember a thing form all those books, but, damn, I was smart back then! ha ha.
-kk

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 53, but I couldn't remember the other 6.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The capitol of Michigan is Lansing!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

And a noun is a person place or thing!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home