Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Holy Shit!

You will never believe in a million years what happened yesterday. It all started sometime mid morning. I realized I didn't have my cell phone with me. It wasn't in any of my pockets, nor in my purse, nor in my co-workers car. I didn't panic to much as I figured it was on my bed. Next to where I had my purse in the morning and in my rush I didn't grab it. I felt a little lost, naked and somewhat bewildered at certain points during the day. Seriously how did I survive before a cell phone? I wasn't really expecting any calls yesterday so imagine my surprise when there was 3 missed calls, 3 voicemails and a text message. 2 of the calls were from the same place. The "holy shit" place. I never thought this was going to happen, in fact I had given up all hope. It was a hopeless cause. It was a call from TX legal aid. Over a year and a half later, they finally have the title to my car. The car I bought with my FEMA money so I could come home. The car that has been sitting in the driveway for almost a year because of mechanical problems. The car that has become the bane of my exsistance. As it sits there and taunts me "you can't drive me...you can't drive me" I have a feeling that will only get worse as soon as I actually have the title in my hands (should be the end of this week) I have to gather $$ to pay to get the title transfered. To get plates. To get it re-insured. To get it running. As soon as I get all that to happen? The utility pole outside the house will finally fall over (it is leaning so bad now after the tornado) and crush the car. Just you watch. ;) Hopefully it will be after I get insurance. But holy shit....I will really have the title.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

WOW! I had wondered whatever happened with that. As for not having your cell phone, isn't that always the way? You have it with you and no one ever calls but you forget about it somewhere and everyone is calling.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats on finally getting some resolution.

-Janice

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooo f-ing happy for you!!!!!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude..put the car in neutral and push it further up in the driveway!!! Dork. BUT....CONGRATS!!!! YAY!!!!
Lisa

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOO! I'm so excited for you! Even though it means more money and stress....oh well, soon you'll have wheels to cruise the streets of NOLA! :)
-kristy

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home