Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

I am trying to remember everything that happened this weekend. I did so many fun things, it was wonderful. Of course now I feel like I got run over by a slow moving tractor. This weekend the weather was almost perfect, friends, drinks and food were flowing.

Friday afternoon at lunch I ran down to Louisiana Music Factory and finally picked up Harry Connick Jrs new CD. I only got "Oh, My Nola" I will get the other one soon. Nothing perks up an afternoon like new music. After work I headed BACK to the quarter to meet up with some friends that were playing for the Krewe of Cork parade. The costumes were fun and the music was amazing. Walking through the quarter with everyone in high spirits just made the evening. I was even sweating slightly, the weather was amazing! After it was over we headed back to another friends house were we all regrouped and got organized for the parades that rolled. It was then off to the Leaf for a interesting night of music and people. Hell Frenchy even pulled out a trumpet and played.

Saturday it was a partial parade, that day was the cold day. We definetly didn't layer enough. But the sun was shining and that was all the mattered. We hit the Orpheus open house. Hung out with my dear wonderful friends that are riding and got to mess with the chip licker a bit. We eventually headed out to Le Bon Temps to hear a bit of Big Sam.

Sunday it was the big day. I had been looking forward to Sunday since I had been told about it. My friends Megan and Andy got engaged!! It was a big eloborate plan on Andy's part and Megan didn't figure it out at ALL! A ring box was tossed off a float a few of their friends were riding on, there was a ring box transfer and then Andy was on one knee on St. Charles proposing. It was the most excellent day.

I have a few days to recharge and clean before friends and family start to arrive. Here come the parades!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good For You!!! Sounds like such a great time...

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home