Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Reminder

Please make sure your smoke detectors work!! My friend and old housemate's did not. There was a fire at their house on Tuesday night. They got two of the four cats out. My poor Fritzel Ditzel didn't make it. :( Well he wasn't mine, but he was Liza's boyfriend!! She has missed him since he moved. They don't know if the house is rebuildable or not. They were almost done remodeling it. Have a plan, check your smoke detectors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

oh no stacey! I'm so sorry to hear that.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey, I wandered onto your site from the Connick.com site and started reading your blog. Of course this particular post just jumped out at me because my best friend's house also recently caught on fire. They DID have smoke decectors but the fire happened during the day while no one was home. They TOO were about 90% complete on a 2-yr home remodel, so as I'm sure you're friend can attest, is really all the more devastating. The fire dept./insurance investigators determined the fire wasn't due to any of the remodelling work, so thank goodness their insurance will pay, but still.... Although the interior had to be gutted down to the shell, the house was structurally sound except for a ceiling joist so they can be back in their house in about 6-9 mos. but are now living in a small rental with donated clothes, furniture etc.... People always think, 'it'll never happen to me', but it does!!!
Take Care.
Kelly

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home